these are a CFLJ favorite. i originally got this recipe from http://paleomg.com/ and made very minor tweaks to it.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup amber raw agave
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- poke holes in your sweet potatoes using a for and bake them any way you wish: microwave for 7 mins or bake them 25-30 mins in a preheated 425 degree oven. i’m impatient so i always use the microwave.
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- once the sweet potatoes are soft and mashable, mash them in a bowl peeling the skin off.
- add the wet ingredients: eggs (make sure you whisk them first), coconut oil, agave, and vanilla extract.
- add the dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, chocolate chips, and salt.
- mix well together
- pour into whatever you want to bake it in: 8×8 baking dish or in muffin cups. i like to make muffin cups because they’re easier to share and bring with me as a snack.
- bake for 30 – 35 minutes until it passes the toothpick test.
- let it cool for a bit then devour.