it’s pumpkin season!!! so i like granola and i like pumpkins so when i saw this on PaleOMG and i HAD to try it. of course i made some tweaks to it. hopefully y’all will enjoy it as much as we did! it’s a perfect snack OR you can add coconut or almond milk to eat it like cereal. OM NOM! ….you also get the added bonus of filling your home with a holiday pumpkin scent…until the smelly puppy starts farting.
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 8-10 dried dates, pits removed, then chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup agave nectar (i’ve read in some places this isn’t paleo but i still think it is. you can use maple syrup or honey instead if you don’t believe in agave.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a large mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, coconut oil, agave nectar, and vanilla extract) and all spices.
- add the nuts, seeds, and dates.
- place parchment paper on a large baking sheet and pour your granola mixture on top. make sure to spread out the mixture evenly so everything will cook evenly.
- place in oven and cook for 30-40 minutes, moving the granola around half way through to be sure it doesn’t burn.
- add the dried cranberries and mix.
- LET COOL so it will harden up — i HATE waiting so this was the hardest part!
- eat all by itself or top it off with coconut milk, almond milk, or even dairy milk (if you do that).
- enjoy the crap out of this pumpkin goodness.