i’ve been super excited to try this out. i found numerous recipes online but in the end i just made it own.
- 1 lb ground meat — you can choose whatever animal you want. i used ground beef for this one.
- olive oil
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- whatever spices you want to use to spice up your meat sauce
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- cut the eggplant in very thin and long pieces
- grease a baking pan and lay out eggplant slices so they are not overlapping
- put in the oven for 20 mins
- while that’s baking, heat up some olive oil in a pan
- add onions and garlic. at this point, it will smell delicious!
- add the ground meat and cook through
- add seasoning, diced tomatoes and tomato paste
- mix and simmer until it’s at the desired consistency
- when eggplant is done, layer the bottom of a casserole dish/pyrex baking dish with the eggplant slices
- layer on the meat sauce then more eggplant then more meat sauce. repeat process until you’re out of stuff
- put it back into the oven for another 30 mins
- devour it! soooo yummy!
The picture below probably won’t look as appetizing as it is. we don’t have sharp knives so i’m embarrassed to show you our eggplant slices! haha