you had me at the name of this dish! i love bacon, chives and sweet potato so imagine all of together….yup! it’s that good.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 6 strips of bacon
- bacon fat
- 3-4 tablespoons chives
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
here’s what i did with those ingredients:
- bake or microwave your sweet potato. whatever you please to get it mashable.
- peel and mash sweet potato in a bowl.
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- place diced bacon in a skillet and brown it.
- place bacon on a paper towel (and plate) to drain excess fat. don’t throw away the bacon fat. you will use it shortly.
- mix whisked eggs and mashed sweet potato. then add bacon fat and mix.
- add dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. mix.
- mix in diced, cooked bacon and thinly diced chives.
- on a lined baking sheet, use a large spoon to drop mixture, shaping if needed. this recipe is enough for twelve biscuits.
- bake for 22-27 minutes.
- let rest.
- add whatever the hell you want…but it’s pretty tasty on its own.