we’re not big fans of traditional stuffing so when i found this recipe, i really wanted to try it! warning: it doesn’t taste anything like thanksgiving stuffing…it’s way better!!!
- 1 lb ground pork country sausage
- 2 yellow onions
- 1 container of mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- in a large skillet, place one tablespoon of coconut oil, minced garlic, and roughly chopped mushrooms and cook. add salt and pepper to season.
- once everything is cooked, place in a mixing bowl.
- when mushrooms are done cooking, cook pork sausage in the same pan. continue to break down the meat with a spatula.
- while your pork is cooking, add one tablespoon of coconut oil and sliced onions in another large skillet and carmelize. this part can take a while so be patient!
- while the pork is cooking, add whisked eggs, chicken broth, vinegar, chopped pecans, rosemary and basil to the mushroom-garlic mixture. mix together.
- when the pork is done cooking, add it to your concoction and mix.
- once it’s completely mixed, place it on a lined baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- once your onions have carmelized and the sausage mixture has been baking for ten minutes, add the onions on the sausage mixture and bake for another five minutes.
- ….and then you can finally eat this! your home will smell amazing while you’re cooking this so you just want to eat the hell out of it. 🙂 it was really good with my thanksgiving turkey.