hi!! haven’t blogged in quite some time…it’s definitely overdue. a lot of things happened since the last time i was on here…definitely good changes. 🙂 the bf is now coaching at an amazing box and we LOVE our new CrossFit family! everything happens for a reason…..anyways, we are participating in a nutrition challenge to get back on the paleo lifestyle so of course i’m going to try new recipes! i received two paleo cookbooks for Christmas: Paleo Slow Cooking by Chrissy Gower and Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo. these books are not only filled with delicious recipes but they have a lot of information on the lifestyle. thanks mama kerins!! ❤
so….i made this DELICIOUS side dish — kale with bacon and onion. i actually found this recipe in multiplies paleo websites and recipe books since it’s a common paleo side dish. i regret not cooking this sooner!
- a bunch of kale — i used the 10 oz bag from TJ. it was already cleaned and cut!
- 8 strips of bacon
- 1 medium-sized onion
- cube the bacon.
- dice the onion.
- in a heated non-stick pan, place the bacon and start sauteeing them. depending on how crunchy you like your bacon bits, that’ll determine how long you keep it on there. i like mine crispy!
- when the bacon turns into the color you like, add the diced onions.
- keep stirring the bacon and onions until the onions become translucent.
- add kale. because too much kale for my small pan, i had to add my kale in bunches. i had to wait until some kale would wilt before adding more.
- take a fork and ENJOY that sucker. it’s a perfect side dish for everything!
the sweetness from the onion and the saltiness from the bacon adds an amazing touch to the kale…this is definitely going to be a favorite in our household!