my friend lynne consistently makes chocolate chip pancakes for her boys almost every morning. i always drooled over her pics she posts on IG. so this morning i decided i wanted to try to make some…we deserved a treat after a difficult week of training. 🙂 so i searched for recipes and i compiled many of them into one DELICIOUS one!
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tbsp canned coconut milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp water
- some coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips — i used Enjoy Life Semi-sweet mini chips
- beat 5 eggs in a mixing bowl.
- add vanilla extract and coconut milk and continue to beat.
- add other ingredients — coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, and water.
- fold in chocolate chips.
- heat a skillet with the coconut oil.
- once it’s heated, drop in spoonfuls of the pancake batter.
- cook each side for about 2 minutes.
- serve with whatever you want! we added Kerrygold butter and maple syrup.
these pancakes were moist enough and the butter added a nice touch. the bf definitely approved since he ate most of it. 😉 these are definitely great for kids or a good treat after a hard week of WODs.